Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Midlund Funding Removed from Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Midlund Funding Removed from Credit Report

Hi All,

I had a collection through midland funding with the original creditor Citibank. I paid the balance in December of 2014 and it says balance $0- Settled, less than full amount on all my credit reports but it is still listed as a collection. I've tried calling and asking them to remove the account completely from my credit report since it is paid and they said they can't delete accounts, they can only report status of accounts. Is there a way I can have this removed? I don't want it reported on my credit until 2021!!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get Midlund Funding Removed from Credit Report

Welcome to myfico.  Unfortunately the only way to get a removal will be to continue to send goodwill letters to Midland and see if they will relent and remove it.  I recently received a letter about a class action suit against them so I went online and included myself in it; will see what comes from that.   Was hoping that I would benefit from the CFPB sanctioning Encore (Midland's parent company) and maybe get my paid collection removed, but nothing has come from it.  Search the forum to see if any others have had success with removals and what they did to make it happen.  Good luck. 

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are complying with their credit reporting instructions per CRA policy, which instructs creditors and debt collectors not to delete reported derogs based on the payment of the debt.

You will need to convince the debt collector to grant you a good-will deletion.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection with Midland as well but I have not paid it off yet. I have another collection that I am paying on and will begin on Midland after that one is paid.

However, I have learned a few things reading the threads on this site. Others have reported that they have sent emails, goodwill letters, reported the collection agency to the Better Business Bureau, reported them to the state attorney and/or reported them to other agencies in an effort to get them to delete. After several attempts they had success.

You may want to try that.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Filing complaints with a BBB would only be appropriate if they have conducted an improper business practice.

Filing complaints with a law enforcement agency or prosecutor would only be approperiate if there is a demonstrated violation of law.

Fling complaints with the CFPB would only be appropriate if they have violated some provision of the FCRA or FDCPA.

If they had legitimate collectrion authority that is the basis for their reporting, and they are following their contracural non-deletion policy agreement with teh CRAs, than it appears that such complaints would be improper.

I would not advocate a "harass them until you get what you want" approach.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just FYI from my experience with MF I had an account that went to collection and was paying on other collection accounts and others that were past due.  Next thing I knew a process server knocked on my door serving me a suit.  I ended up settling to get rid of them before I went to court.  But still had to report on the court day to make sure it was reported and dismissed.  I should have done the online settlement earlier and would have cost me almost half what I ended up paying.  Just FYI.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chimom1 this is what happened to me with the collection that I am paying for now. I went to court and ended up doing a payment arrangement of which will be paid for this year. The collection with Midland is past the statute of limitations for a lawsuit and will fall off my report in 2018. However I plan to get rid of it this year too.
Is Midland still a collection on your report?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

shows as settled and zero balance.  I had to dispute to get that done with all 3 CA's  They reported amount paid and continued to show a balance left.  I had to submit proof that I made a settlement pmnt in full.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.