cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting $0 balance collections removed(first premier)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting $0 balance collections removed(first premier)

So I am trying to improve my credit to buy a house in the future, I've come to low 600,s and I started at low 500s, got collections removed through disputing, im down to a couple that wouldn't come off so I settled and paid them off, I had 2 First premier bank charge offs(never went to collections) I paid them off in full. I may have made a foolish move in thinking they might come off if I disputed them now that they are at a $0 balance, not only did they not come off but Experian and Transunion put them in the collections section , they were never there and they were charged off for like 5 years, now that I disputed, they put it in collections( with a $0 balance, what can I do about this? Also I have an LVNV funding in collection (also at a $0 balance) any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated,
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: Getting $0 balance collections removed(first premier)

@Anonymous wrote:
So I am trying to improve my credit to buy a house in the future, I've come to low 600,s and I started at low 500s, got collections removed through disputing, im down to a couple that wouldn't come off so I settled and paid them off, I had 2 First premier bank charge offs(never went to collections) I paid them off in full. I may have made a foolish move in thinking they might come off if I disputed them now that they are at a $0 balance, not only did they not come off but Experian and Transunion put them in the collections section , they were never there and they were charged off for like 5 years, now that I disputed, they put it in collections( with a $0 balance, what can I do about this? Also I have an LVNV funding in collection (also at a $0 balance) any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated,

Hi

Check your personal email for a great list of first premier email address!  Best Wishes

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 2 of 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

Start sending GW
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked, there was nothing there
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was the FP accounts opened prior to 2008? If so you may claim relief under the 2008 FTC action against FP's parent Compucredit

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 2 first premier accounts are from 2008, does it have to be prior to that?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 7 years, they should be removed.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened in 2008 or charged off in 2008?

The FTC suit was filed June 2008. I would think that any accounts opened prior to that would fall under that settlement. Read up on the case - lots of stories about it. Just Google "Compucredit FTC Suit"

Message 8 of 9
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

I know this is an older posting, and not trying to revive it.  Travler can you send me the email you used?  I am trying to get this tradeline removed and having no luck.  It is still an open collection and South Credit is trying to settle on it.  But if I settle I would like them to remove or update the tradeline to at least paid.  Any tips with first premiere? 

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.