cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Back On My Credit Feet...

tag
c512342

Getting Back On My Credit Feet...

Hi, I love this forum great info, and lots of help.  This is my first post, so I was wondering I filed  a Chap. 13 bankruptcy in June of last year, and I'm looking to re-establish my credit I was going to go the route of a secured credit card thru a credit union, which I'm a member of.  My question is are there any good bankruptcy safe CC's out there with no big fees that I can look into, and also do I have to let my trustee know that I'm applying for new credit?  A little background:  I have payed all trustee payments on time, check all of my credit reports, and had them change errors which I saw, my credit scores are in the mid 500's
Thanks for any feedback Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Getting Back On My Credit Feet...

I was allowed to obtain credit for under 1000.00 Anything over had to be cleared with the Trustee.  You are probably safe in getting a small card.  To the ones with no fees,  LOL GL Smiley Happy  Orchard is probably the best.  You will have to pay AF but they don't charge for payments over the net nor do they charge a monthly maintainance fee which is nice.  Many of the sub prime cards DO charge fees.  Another one that isn't too bad is Credit One.  They charge 5.75 a month and an initial 75.00 AF.  To pay over the net though is like 7.95 a pop. 

As to the credit union mine wont even talk to me until I am out of BK.  (for a loan or cc that is) I would probably stick with Orchard and maybe BofA for a secured card that can grow with you.   Build up your scores and then go from there.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Back On My Credit Feet...

Over on the CC Forum there is a thread that talks about BK Friendly Cards.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.