Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Charge Off Removed ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Charge Off Removed ???

I might have a "unique" charge off situation and was looking for a little advice. 

Back earlier in the year when I lost my job, finances got tight and my checking account at the credit union went $896 negative.  I contacted them and advised my situation and that I would take care of the situation when funds were available.  They said that was okay and they automatically put these situations onto an "unsecured loan" payback feature.

I never had to go in and sign any papers, but late March we started paying them back $100/week.  Basically I got $800 of it paid, hit some tough spots and hadn't paid in the last few weeks.  When I pulled my credit reports the other night, I noticed the credit union took a charge off 12/2008 for the entire amount.  They have not updated the reports with the monies paid.  More disturbing is they charged it off without telling me and then taking my payments.

What can I do?  Can I even PFD a charge off?  If so, think they will bite for the measely $96 owed?  Or am I at the mercy of them to GW the account?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Getting Charge Off Removed ???

I would try to GW them.  In fact, instead of a letter, I might make an appointment with someone there and plead my case in person.  Show them your payment history, the arrangements, etc and ask if they could work with you.   

Message 2 of 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Getting Charge Off Removed ???

Possibly, address your GW letter to an executive of the company and explain your situation.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.