cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Information together - question about scores

tag
bluvsu2

Getting Information together - question about scores

I am starting a notebook and folder. To keep all of my work for credit building together. So I got my scores from CreditKarma and from Discover. I am not sure how reliable they are but I don't have money right now to pull the scores. 

So here they are:

TU 471 EQ 470 and EX 534.

My first task is find out what is left on the judgement for a medical bill. It is mine. I have paid some but need to pay it off. Do I call or write?

Second going to try some GW letters to my student loans to remove late payments. They are a few years old. 

Then go through my reports and put the collection medical bills in order and read over WhyChats info so I have an understanding of what to do before I make any moves.

I do have some credit that is out there but not used. 

Capital One - Secured - paying the deposit in July

Crown Jewlers - 1,500 CL

FH - 180.00 CL (but I used my PO BOX for shipping an nothing ships to a PO BOX and they won't let me change my address til I do an order. Well I can't order because of the PO BOX)

I only have 4 inquries on my report.

I think Experian is going to be the one to jump once I start using credit. As it says no missed payments, 3 accounts (Stud. loans) no utlization, 13 years of length of credit,and 4 inquries.

Thanks everyone!

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting Information together - question about scores

The discover score is legit, however the CK one is not. I don't see why you couldn't call to get the updated balance on the judgement. On the goodwills,.writing for those should be fine.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Well the difference between your EX scores and TU ad EQ , are that your Experian is a FICO score , and the other two are a FAKO scores from Credit karma , it is a good starting point however you will find the Credit Karma scores will be quite different than your real fico scores , mine are over a 100 pts difference. There is a 7 day trial you can take advantage of on Credit Check Total for 1 dollar you can get all three reports with Fico 08 scores . I would take advantage of it if you can so you have a more trye idea of your scores .
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO the fako scores are good enough to give you an idea of where you stand.Later you can get your actual FICOs. What you do need is your actual reports. If you have not pulled a copy in the last year you can get one for free at annualcreditreport.com. Then you can see exactly what is there and how long it will stay there.

Message 4 of 10
bluvsu2

Yes I have my reports

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then the amount you owe for the judgement should be listed. You can call or write to settle with them. You may also want to google HIPPA procedure for removing from your report. We can't discuss details here.

Message 6 of 10
bluvsu2

I called and got theamount for the judgement. It is 780.00. I don't have it. I can make payments. I highly doubt they will do a PID. Since they wanted to garnish my wages but I was able to stop that because of my income. I am on a really tight budget. So I am not in a hurry per se to get this done. But going to take steps to get my credit cleaned up. But won't happen as fast as some as I don't have the money to do it. 

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The judgment creditor does not report the judgment to the CRA, and cannot agree to a pay for deletion.

The judgment finds its way into your credit report by way of the CRA review of public record information.

As for the student loan delinquencies, is the student loan federally insured or guaranteed?

Message 8 of 10
bluvsu2

My student loans are all in defferment. The Late payments are from paperwork not getting to them in time. and are from 2014

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Delinquencies on federal student loans are requried to be reported to at least one CRA under the Higher Education Act, and their deletion is thus not discretionary on the part of the furnisher.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.