Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Medical Collections off credit report

tag
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

Getting Medical Collections off credit report

I have an unpaid ambulance bill that just showed up on my collection report with a CA.  Also I have an old ER visit balance that has been on my CR through a CA.  I would like to get rid of these.  I can PIF.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these off my credit report?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Getting Medical Collections off credit report

Go through the OC and see if they are willing to accept payment and recall the account from the CAs.

How old is the ER bill?

Message 2 of 6
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

The ambulance bill is from 2004.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 6
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

I'm in a similar situation where I have an OLD ER bill from 2004 that is on my CR via CA... BUT the ER that I went to is NOT in my State it's in Maryland (I live in OH). How do I know which SOL to go by??? Also, where do I go to find out the SOL for (any) credit issue???

Thanx A Bunch Smiley Wink 

Goal Score 680+
Start Score ........ 2/05/14: ...EX 612 -TU 575 -EQ 567
Current Score .... 5/02/14: ...EX 652 -TU 655 -EQ 646

I almost paid for credit repair......until I found myFICO!!!!!
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@theREBIRTHofCREDIT wrote:

I'm in a similar situation where I have an OLD ER bill from 2004 that is on my CR via CA... BUT the ER that I went to is NOT in my State it's in Maryland (I live in OH). How do I know which SOL to go by??? Also, where do I go to find out the SOL for (any) credit issue???

Thanx A Bunch Smiley Wink 

They will go by the state you currently reside in.  Do a search on google for statute of limitations for debt.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.