cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Released Fed Tax Lien Removed from CRs?

tag
hapagrrl
Regular Contributor

Getting Released Fed Tax Lien Removed from CRs?

I'm seeing lots of bits of information about this, but nothing comprehensive: can anyone tell me -- if I already have an official "Notice of Relase of Federal Tax Lien," how do I make sure this gets removed from my CR (as per the new rules as of last year?).  I want this thing OFF! Smiley Wink

As an FYI - it turns out that, if you have a lien and are on a Direct Debit Installment Agreement with them, the IRS will release that, too -- *before* you're done with the payments (certain conditions apply, of course). 

I just can't express how anxious I am to see how this will affect/increase my score.  These beasts have been killing my back, lol!

Starting Score, 2011: TU 635, EQ 637, EX/FAKO 538
2014 (mortgage broker pull): TU 670, EQ 669, EX 674
2017 FICO 8: TU 730, EQ 732, EX 738 - Finally made the 700 club!
2021 FICO 8: TU 693 EQ 705 EX 690
I only have four cards, so not worth showing. $15,600 total CL.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Released Fed Tax Lien Removed from CRs?

Make LOTS of photocopies of your Release and, send a copy to Experian, another copy to Transunion, and yet another copy to Equifax  -- along with your letter requesting them to delete the Tax Lien off of your credit reports.  That should do the trick! 

Message 2 of 3
akemp9480
Valued Member

Re: Getting Released Fed Tax Lien Removed from CRs?

I'm pretty sure I have your answer!! And you don't have to do tons of faxing at all. Just fax one little form! I'm just sharing some good news on here because the IRS just removed my paid tax liens from all CRAs and they were just paid on Jan 15, 2012. There is NEW legislation that came out last February that few know about. You can read about it here:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=236540,00.html

In short, liens will now be withdrawn once full payment of taxes is made if the taxpayer requests it. The IRS has determined that this approach is in the best interest of the government. and if you're in a payment plan you can have them removed as well.

I just faxed a form and 3 weeks later it was all done. That's quick for the IRS!!! You can get the form here:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=108339,00.html

It's the withdrawal form 12277.

Good luck everyone!! And make sure to share!

Starting Score: 635
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.