Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a 30days late removed HELP!!

tag
momof3rascals
New Visitor

Getting a 30days late removed HELP!!

I am trying to get a 30 days late removed from our credit report. It was for our capital one card (previously HSBC) that we've had great payment history on since it was opened in 2010. We were late bc my father in law was diagnoesd with terminal liver cancer and within 2 months passed away. The stress from that devastating event coupled with dealing with the funeral afterwards just had us frazzled. We genuinely just forgot and I didn't recieve any phone calls from them (or i would have paid it). We are trying to get a loan on a home and move from hawaii to colorado and that new late payment is killing our score. I tried calling Capital one earlier and the rep told me all they could do was send a goodwill letter to the bureaus detailing our current status and why we were late so lenders could take that into consideration. I know you have to try more than once but are there any suggestions as to what to say better? Or am i better just typing up a goodwill letter and certified mailing it directly to capital one?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Getting a 30days late removed HELP!!

I have never personally dealt with Cap One so maybe others can chime in with their experience.  However I would always send a goodwill letter through the mail.  You can also try contacting the EO and explain the situation.  It never hurts to try...or maybe even try a few times Smiley Happy  Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@momof3rascals wrote:

I am trying to get a 30 days late removed from our credit report. It was for our capital one card (previously HSBC) that we've had great payment history on since it was opened in 2010. We were late bc my father in law was diagnoesd with terminal liver cancer and within 2 months passed away. The stress from that devastating event coupled with dealing with the funeral afterwards just had us frazzled. We genuinely just forgot and I didn't recieve any phone calls from them (or i would have paid it). We are trying to get a loan on a home and move from hawaii to colorado and that new late payment is killing our score. I tried calling Capital one earlier and the rep told me all they could do was send a goodwill letter to the bureaus detailing our current status and why we were late so lenders could take that into consideration. I know you have to try more than once but are there any suggestions as to what to say better? Or am i better just typing up a goodwill letter and certified mailing it directly to capital one?

If this late is more than 2 years old its not affecting your Fico. GW letters should be sent by mail as already stated and they are sent to the Executive Office of the CEO, it should not be mailed certified.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

Welcome to the Board !!!

I just dealt with lates and capital one myself. First i used the chat feature on their website and tried with a rep. After that didn't work i emailed with every address i could find through a google search. After 2 days i got a phone call from EO and they said they would take care of it for me by the end of the week. I am not certain that it worked though because i am still waiting for updates.

Good Luck !!!

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.