cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Business Card to report on my personal report.

tag
Joboak

Getting a Business Card to report on my personal report.

My credit score has suffered of late due to a new mortgage. I cut my average age of accounts in half from 5yrs to 2.5yrs. I am on a business card as an AU and have been for 8yrs. However it doesn’t show on my credit report. Is there anyway I can get them to report to my credit reports so that I can add length to my history? The card is a chase business ink card.

Thanks

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Joboak

Getting Business Card To Report On My Credit

My credit score has suffered of late due to a new mortgage. I cut my average age of accounts in half from 5yrs to 2.5yrs. I am on a business card as an AU and have been for 8yrs. However it doesn’t show on my credit report. Is there anyway I can get them to report to my credit reports so that I can add length to my history? The card is a chase business ink card.

Thanks

Message 2 of 20
MysticcalFX
Valued Member

Re: Getting a Business Card to report on my personal report.

Call and ask, it doesn't hurt.

Message 3 of 20
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting Business Card To Report On My Credit

Business CCs like Amex, Chase, and Citi don't report to personal.

You can call and ask if they'll make an exception for you, but I doubt you'll be successful.

Message 4 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

yes, default on it.... Just kidding, not going to happen business is business and personal is personal.

Message 5 of 20
Joboak

Well it's not listed under a ein... It was opened under another employees social.
Message 6 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Joboak wrote:
Well it's not listed under a ein... It was opened under another employees social.

The only way it would report is if you were personally responsible for the debt.  Being an AU, even on a normal card, you are not responsible for the debt.

Message 7 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@Joboak wrote:

The only way it would report is if you were personally responsible for the debt.  Being an AU, even on a normal card, you are not responsible for the debt.

You say it was opened under another employees social???  That's kind of sketchy then.  Has it been updated?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Joboak wrote:

You say it was opened under another employees social???  That's kind of sketchy then.  Has it been updated?

I think he is referring to the person who is adding him as AU.

Message 9 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Joboak wrote:

I think he is referring to the person who is adding him as AU.

Man Embarassed  oops,,, my bad.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.