cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a collection account removed help please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting a collection account removed help please!

Sorry for the dumb question but what exactly is Charity Care? Also I've done a little research on HIPAA and so far it look like that in order for that to work you really shouldn't contact the CA right? So should #4 come before #3? I've also already called the CA and asked if they would remove it if paid in full and they said they couldn't since it had already been reported which is incorrect, right? Is there a way for me to talk them into taking it off when paid in full? Thanks!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it was just a differene of 50 cents. Again though, it's not at all about the money as it's less than $200. I just want it off of my credit report as I feel it was put there unfairly because the bill was on autopay and they sent it to collections right before the last and final payment.

First off, you are not going to get anything deleted by disputing over a 50 cent difference. Thats nothing more than a rounding diffrence - its common for amounts to be rounded to the nearest whole dollar on your reports.

The best leverage you have for getting it removed is making it clear that you will NOT pay it unless its removed. They know that they CAN do it, they just do not WANT to. Try going up the food chain.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I wasn't aware that they rounded up, thank you for the insight on that.

I'm currently researching the HIPAA process and it sounds like in order for that to work I should not contact the CA at all. Since doing a PFD would be much more simple than all the steps the HIPAA would require I would much rather do that but I'm worried if they don't agree to it then it will ruin my chances to do the HIPAA process. What would you recommend?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I wasn't aware that they rounded up, thank you for the insight on that.

I'm currently researching the HIPAA process and it sounds like in order for that to work I should not contact the CA at all. Since doing a PFD would be much more simple than all the steps the HIPAA would require I would much rather do that but I'm worried if they don't agree to it then it will ruin my chances to do the HIPAA process. What would you recommend?

I would concentrate on trying to get the medical provider to recall it from collections, stressing that it was their error that caused the bill to go to collections.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will asking the hospital to recall it interfere with HIPAA at all (if they decline to recall it I mean)? Thanks for your quick response!

Message 15 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Will asking the hospital to recall it interfere with HIPAA at all (if they decline to recall it I mean)? Thanks for your quick response!

We cannot discuss the HIPAA process in any detail on this board, you will need to contact its creator for help with it.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok thank you!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.