Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting all 3 credit reports to match

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting all 3 credit reports to match

I can't be sure as to where I read it but I believe I read somewhere that you can send a copy of 1 credit report to the other 2 agencies & request that they be made to match? What I'm wanting to know is can I send my Transunion report to Equifax & Experian to request the removal of items based on the fact that they are not on my Transunion report. My Transunion only shows 1 account in collections but Equifax & Experian both show 6. These accounts had been succesfully disputed with Transunion due to the collection agency not reaffirming them with Transunion but they stayed on Equifax & Experian. Also, I have an account that I settled 2 months ago & it has been removed from Transunion but it still shows on the other 2, even though I have requested the collection agency to update them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting all 3 credit reports to match

I'm not sure where you heard that, but one bureau doesn't use another bureau's data to confirm/delete/update its own data.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I haven't heard this before either.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No such thing.

There is no requriment for any party to furnish the same info to each CRA, and no consideration by the CRA as to what has been reported to another CRA.

The issue is whether what is reported is inaccurate, not that it is not reported to another CRA.

The only time that reporting to one CRA can be relevant to reporting with others is if the reportings are contradictory as to a given fact.

For example, reporting more derogs to one CRA than to another is not inaccurate per se, as exclusion is not an inaccuracy.

However, reporting a different DOFD to different CRAs is prima facie evidence that one is inaccurate, as the DOFD is a factual date-certain that cannot vary based on who is is reported to.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to 7.3.1 part 5 of the FCRA, Furnishers are required to update accounts that have been modified or deleted to all NCRAs with which they have a relationship. So, if collection agency X is reporting debt to Trans, Equi, and Expe, if you have successfully disputed that debt with Trans and the debt has been deleted from your report with Trans, Collection Agency X is then required to update Equi and Expe.

Referral:If an account is modified or deleted, the furnisher is supposed to send copies of its modification to each CRA with whom the data furnisher has a reporting relationship. This way all the NCRAs can meet their responsibilities to update the consumer’s credit files, where applicable.

Unless I am reading this wrong.

@RobertEG wrote:

No such thing.

There is no requriment for any party to furnish the same info to each CRA, and no consideration by the CRA as to what has been reported to another CRA.

The issue is whether what is reported is inaccurate, not that it is not reported to another CRA.

The only time that reporting to one CRA can be relevant to reporting with others is if the reportings are contradictory as to a given fact.

For example, reporting more derogs to one CRA than to another is not inaccurate per se, as exclusion is not an inaccuracy.

However, reporting a different DOFD to different CRAs is prima facie evidence that one is inaccurate, as the DOFD is a factual date-certain that cannot vary based on who is is reported to.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no general requirment that information reported to one CRA mandates the reporting of that same information to all CRAs.

The cited reference  to reporting corrections or deletions to other CRAs is apparently a reference to FCRA 623(b)(1)(D), and applies only to resolution of reporting of information found to be unverifiable as the result of a dispute to a CRA.

FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) mandates that if the results of a dispute lead to the determination that information is inaccurate, then the furnisher must report the correction or deletion to all CRAs to which the information has also been reported.  Update or deletion with only the CRA that is handling the dispute is not adequate.  That applies only to the specific information that was subject of the dispute, and does not establish any general requirment to uniformly report the same to all CRAs.

A furnisher can choose to report information that is not knowingly inaccurate to zero, or only one or two CRAs.

It is only reporting that is found via a dispute with one CRA to clearly be inaccurate that is subject to required reporting of correction to other CRAs.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the dispute, you have the option to upload documents.  If you have that document from whatever it is you're trying to remove, you could upload it to show you paid it or whatever.  That's about all you could do, keep disputing it...or call and explain.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert EG, Hello and thank you for providing the details of the location in the FCRA that I cited, I am no expert, clearly. It is good to have someone with knowledge provide clarity.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.