Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an AFNI collection removed

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Getting an AFNI collection removed

I'm trying to help a relative remove an AFNI collection from their credit report. It's related to a billing issue with a cable company, which she thought was resolved directly through the original creditor. and it shows it was paid in 2011. She wasn't aware a collection agency was ever involved. I'm wondering if it would be better to dispute, send a goodwill letter, or try both. Sounds like people have had widely varying experiences with AFNI. If anyone has a good backdoor number or email address I should provide her, please let me know.

Thanks. 

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting an AFNI collection removed

recoveryteam@afni.com
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is she asserting that the debt was paid prior to being sent to collections, and thus that the collection is per se improper based on their having been no delinquent debt?

If so, the recourse is to first dispute with the CRA.

If the collection is verified, then she would resort to filing a civil action and proving that the collection was improper based on their having been no delinquent debt at the time the collection was opened.

Message 3 of 5
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

I'm not really sure. She didn't even know what it was for initially. I'll forward the information on though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.