Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back on track

tag
KarisMcc

Getting back on track

Hello,

I'm a 24 year old that made a few mistakes in college as far as credit, not really knowing how important it was. I'm now looking to repair and dispute all negative marks on my own. I have 3 charge off accounts, one has been paid and the other two have not. I also have late payments from my car note, and capital one credit card. The only thing I've ever done is initiated online disputes and that has not worked in my favor. I'm almost ready to pay an agency for credit repair, but I really think I can do it on my own. Any tips at all on where to start and what the best way to dispute for deletions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Getting back on track

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Yes, you can do it all yourself and other than the cost of postage, won't cost a dime.  And you will know that what you are doing is legal.  It does take time and patience.

Have you already got your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?  If not, do that first.

Any account you need help with, post it here and someone will help you out.

If an account is reporting accurately you have no basis for a dispute.  Disputing with the CRAs is a last resort.

Send GW letters for the lates and the paid charge off.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.