Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting collections removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting collections removed?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to working on my credit. I never payed much attention to it, but now I want to buy a house and I'm trying to get things in order.

I have two collections on my record, then I did'nt even know I had until I checked creditkarma for this first time a couple months ago. They were medical copays I didn't know I owed. I never received any letters or calls, so they went to collections.

The second I saw them on my record, I called the collections agencies and offered to pay. They said they would close the accounts, and I assumed that meant they would fall off my credit report. I now know that isn't the case, and these 2 collections are having a pretty negative impact.

Is there anything I can do to get these collections removed altogether?

Thanks.

My info:

Equifax: 683

Transunion: 681

utilization: 16%

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting collections removed?

Offer a PFD. Try to get it in writing. Not receiving a letter/call is another issue here. They never gave you the opportunity to validate the debt. PFD will be your best route here if you want then off your reports. Paid collection will look good to a lender but will not help your scores.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I already paid both collections off. They were less than $150 combined. I wish I had researched prior to paying. Are there any other options?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I already paid both collections off. They were less than $150 combined. I wish I had researched prior to paying. Are there any other options?

Begin a goodwill letter campaign to the reporting CA asking that they be removed. Good luck and welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 4 of 6
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

What are the two names? That would help searching those names in here and seeing everyone else success with the specific collection agency.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The names are different depending on where it is reported.

Equifax has them listed as "we collect" and "tsc Ars"

Transunion has them listed as "Atlasfinsrv " and "Tsc acts rec"

I'm going to try sending goodwill letters. Any tips for these collectors.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.