Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting derogs off early with CRAs

tag
TeamSNS
Established Member

Getting derogs off early with CRAs

Good morning community,

I have been reading that recently some of you have been able to get the CRAs to remove baddies earlier than the 7 year mark.  Can you please help me and let me know what numbers you called and/or what departments?  I tried calling TU (dispute department) in the evening and all they told me was that "you have to ask the OC to see if they will remove it sooner".  Not sure if it matters, I got someone from another country that wasnt so helpful, sounded like he was just reading a script lol.  

I have some that are due to fall off in June, and I was hoping it can be removed sooner, as I am trying to refinance my ugly 10.99 rate on my car.

Thanks in advance for your guys' help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting derogs off early with CRAs

TU and EQ generally will remove them 5-6 months early.  EX generally 3.

As with all things credit, persistence can pay off.  If at first you don't succeed ...

Online disputing will often yield positive results for obsoletes.

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Getting derogs off early with CRAs

@Involver wrote:

TU and EQ generally will remove them 5-6 months early.  EX generally 3.

As with all things credit, persistence can pay off.  If at first you don't succeed ...

Online disputing will often yield positive results for obsoletes.

That is only if they are obsolete when you dispute.  You can't dispute as obsolete when they are not.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.