Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting in with Discover?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting in with Discover?

hi all

Credit scores currently are all high 500's and low 600. I have tried applying for the discover it card but get denied and dont get offered the secured card. Is there any other way of trying to get in with them? I know i cant get a discover online checking account as that is only provided to discover customers, should i try to open a savings account with them and see if that helps? I am really shooting for their secured discover card but never been offered to me. Any recommendation or advice would be grealt appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Getting in with Discover?

After reading the following thread, sounds like its hard to pin down Discover and their approval process.

Lowest FICO Score for Discover Approval

Message 2 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Hello Jt!

I was approved for my Discover card with high 5's. I app'd fir the student card. Denied but countered with the secured. Try that.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read many people apping for the student version, what i dont understand is how you get past the point where they ask you for the schools name? 

Message 4 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Pick one! IF they ask you for paperwork, I guess that's where you leave it alone. There's been reports of only needing to verify with DL & SS. Some don't need any verification.
Give it a go.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The second page ask you for school name and adress. Maybe their are other links that dont ask for as much info.

Message 6 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

No that's correct. Pick one. Do you have student loans on your report? Use a school you've been to before.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.