Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting lates removed as AU

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Getting lates removed as AU

Another thread from me...sorry, but I'm trying to get my credit into shape before I'm out of college and in the real world.

I realize these are probably minimally effecting my score as they are over a year old, but I have three or four 30 day lates on my CR from two of my parents' accounts that I'm an AU on. One is Cap1 and the other is Chase-BP. Is there any way to get these deleted off of MY credit report, or does this just come with being an AU? 

Photobucket
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting lates removed as AU

The lender will report the info based on the account, as AU there is no way to keep the TL on your CR without the lates. Have your parents tried to GW the lates off?

Message 2 of 4
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Since you are an AU on these accts, have you tried to speak with Cap One & Chase yourself to GW these lates? If push comes to shove & your desperate to get them off your credit you might want to think about removing yourself as an AU from the those accts - that is if they're not your oldest accts which I'm assuming may be the case since they belong to your parents. Removing yourself as an AU will remove the accts along with the lates from your credit.

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

Since you are an AU on these accts, have you tried to speak with Cap One & Chase yourself to GW these lates? If push comes to shove & your desperate to get them off your credit you might want to think about removing yourself as an AU from the those accts - that is if they're not your oldest accts which I'm assuming may be the case since they belong to your parents. Removing yourself as an AU will remove the accts along with the lates from your credit.

I haven't taken any action yet. I figured I'd find out if it's worth the time before I do anything, plus I don't know exactly what I should do. So do you think GW letters would be my best bet?

I really don't want to remove myself, especially from the Chase account because it is by far my oldest one. It was opened in 1989, I was born in 1991. The Cap1 I think is more recent, but still a few years old (probably 5 or so). Also, do you think these are really affecting my score, or is it minimal? They're pretty old, and I'm only an AU....don't know if that makes a difference. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.