Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting lates removed from USDA Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting lates removed from USDA Mortgage

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with getting late payments removed from a USDA mortgage. I have a few that are on my report that were 180+ days late (We only just saved ourselves from foreclosure), but this is my only negative account. The last late on the account was 19 months ago, but the lates in 2015 and onward were all 30/60 days. From 2014 and earlier is where it was bad.

I have every intention to keep paying on time and can wait for them to fall off with time, if no other fix is possible. Unfortunately, these are accurate -- no trickery or anything on my part will work, because it was my fault they were late.

Would it be possible to get a GW removal of these? Has anyone had success? How about a 'rehabilitation' of the loan? There's surprisingly little information about USDA derogs. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RE: USDA Mortgage and late removals

Bump

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should try the GW route on the lates

No matter who I talk to at USDA, the response is the same: USDA absolutely does not modify payment history with credit bureaus. There is no way to do so, according to them. I made it as far as the state director for my state, but got the same response.

I disputed them all as a last ditch attempt, although I realize the likelihood they disappear is slim to none. I'm willing to live with them until they age off.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.