Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my US BANK credit card back

tag
Lakers
Regular Contributor

Getting my US BANK credit card back

I have a US BANK credit card that in June of last year it went over 90 days and they closed it, but the account remains open when I login to the US BANK website for my regular banking.  It is listed right there with my Checking and Mortgage.  I have made the minimum payment on it every month for almost a year, I was wondering what do you think the likelihood is of them reopening the account?  

Thank you.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting my US BANK credit card back

I dealt with the same thing at Chase (except it actually went into collections at first because of a business to personal confusion on billing). They took it out of collections and reversed the credit history as long as I kept paying. They said I would have to re-apply for the same card if I wanted to keep using it and THAT would determine if I could re-open it (same thing, I could login and see the balance and everything and make payments).

Your best bet is to call them at this point, although, I think your results will be similiar.

Message 2 of 9
Lakers
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  

That's EXACTLY what they said to me a year ago, and I just said F it and have been minimum paying it ever since.  

Did you reapply and get it or what?  

Did you eventually just pay it off or what happened? 

Message 3 of 9
Lakers
Regular Contributor

I am going through exactly the same thing with Mutual of Omaha if anyone has any advice on that one.  

It would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Closed simply means they have decided to no longer permit you to accrue additional debt, thus limiting their potential loss.

The account otherwise remains active in the sense that they can continue to collect on the debt,,  it can continue to be billed, accrue delinquencies, etc

Once yu have paid the delinquency in full, you can certainly request it be returned to Open status.  How long you remained delinquent may be a huge factor.

Message 5 of 9
Lakers
Regular Contributor

It was 120 days MAX on both accounts.  

I am just wondering what is the likelihood of them being reopened?  

Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Lakers wrote:

It was 120 days MAX on both accounts.  

I am just wondering what is the likelihood of them being reopened?  

Most likely nil.

Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It would seem like the chances could be on the slim side, but anything is possible. Had it been caught up within a month or so, maybe the odds would have been higher? It doesn't hurt to try.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably pretty hard. My usbank card I had to explain a 30 day late on a Harley loan from 2011. Was finally approved for it but mayne did they grill me. YMMV hope you get it back.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.