cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting paid collection of my reports (NY resident)

tag
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Getting paid collection of my reports (NY resident)

I am currently in the process of buying a home.  I had two collections on my report, one from 2008 and one from Feb 2009. Total amount $375 and updating monthly.  Although I read this forum ten times a day I had an epiphany two weeks ago and realized that because I am a NY resident that if I paid these amounts the collections could come off my reports for being more than five years old.  I paid them immediately.  

Now I'm trying to figure out the fastest way to update my reports so that these two derogatorys are GONE.  LO said as soon as they update she will put the new reports in my file.  Any advice is welcome.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting paid collection of my reports (NY resident)

I dont think there is anything you can do to update your reports faster.... usually you have to just wait the 30/45 days for the reports to update but I could be wrong.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs dont cross-check current CR address and then auomatically apply the NYS statute at five years.

You need to contact the CRAs and notify them that you are invoking the NYS statutory provision for paid collextions.

Message 3 of 6
justrock
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The CRAs dont cross-check current CR address and then auomatically apply the NYS statute at five years.

You need to contact the CRAs and notify them that you are invoking the NYS statutory provision for paid collextions.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if you have to pay the full amount or settle for less on the collections to use the NYS provision?

Message 5 of 6
justrock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if you have to pay the full amount or settle for less on the collections to use the NYS provision?

I believe the colletion must be PIF to be eligible for the NY five year rule.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.