Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting paid medical collections deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting paid medical collections deleted

Following all the advice here I have been able to clean up my credit reports and bring my scores way up from what they were several years ago!  I have two remaining paid medical collections on my reports: one for $104 paid 5/02 which only shows on Equifax and one for $68 paid in 4/03 which only show on Transunion.  These are the ONLY collections which show on my reports.  I do not know what I should do about them: write GW letter to the collections agencies? To the CRA? Or shall I just wait to let them fall off?  Please advise!  You guys are great!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting paid medical collections deleted

follow the hippa process on medical collections
Message 2 of 4
Veee
Frequent Contributor

You MUST start with the pre-hippa letter .... I know, you said they are paid but in order for anything to happenwith them you have to follow the hippa process carefully.  I sent pre-hippa letters to EQ (the only ones reporting), I had 4; 3 unpaid and 1 paid they all were deleted except the paid one.  I'm not saying that will happen for you but it could ... start with the pre-hippa letters.

@Anonymous wrote:
Following all the advice here I have been able to clean up my credit reports and bring my scores way up from what they were several years ago!  I have two remaining paid medical collections on my reports: one for $104 paid 5/02 which only shows on Equifax and one for $68 paid in 4/03 which only show on Transunion.  These are the ONLY collections which show on my reports.  I do not know what I should do about them: write GW letter to the collections agencies? To the CRA? Or shall I just wait to let them fall off?  Please advise!  You guys are great!

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

groomershears wrote:

Step #1: You must Opt Out of two things: Your Credit Reports and All Creditors. The first one ensures that the CRAs will not sell your personal data to anyone else (haha…no more data mining). The second one will prevent JDBs (and CAs) from buying and selling bogus collections.

Use this link to opt-out of your credit reports

OPT-OUT CREDIT REPORTS (or call 1.888.567.8688)

Use this link to opt-out from all of your CURRENT creditors that you're in GOOD standing with. Do not attempt to opt-out with any CAs or current creditors that you're in BAD standing with (i.e. charge-offs).

OPT-OUT ALL CREDITORS

Step #2: Also, be sure to update your personal information with the CRA's before doing any         credit repair.

Step #3: Send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter to the CRA ('s) CM (no RR, this is the only letter in the HIPAA process where you will not send it CMRRR) and wait up to 35 days for the results of the their investigation(s). If your med collection is deleted, you're finished.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.