cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of a Sprint Collection, GW or PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting rid of a Sprint Collection, GW or PFD?

I don't know if PFDs still work, but Sprint added a collection to my report that basically killed my lowest score and made it worse. So I'm looking and seeing a bunch of GW questions, but no PFD ones. My main questions are if PFDs even work nowadays and, if not, how do I go about a GW letter? 

Now if a PFD does still work, then how on earth do I go about the whole debt validation part? I found out about the debt last Thursday(May 11th), was called on Friday(May 12th) (being demanded money that I didn't have by one incredibly aggressive sales lady), and the collection was officially added this Wednesday(May 17th). So does that all count as me being contacted and validating a debt or something? Or should I go about getting a debt validation letter first? Is this even necessary if I accept the debt is mine cause lord knows I just want it paid and removed from my life.

Either way, I have the money, their mailing address, spoke to a rep to get my account number and exact amount owed, so it's getting paid off one way or another. I just would like to know if I could get it off my report.

Now in the event that I can in fact get this removed off my report, and paid, does the specific score effected go up a little, stay the same, or go back to prior-collection numbers? Or is this up in the air and can heavily vary?

Note: If a PFD still works, I have two separate drafts and I would really like for someone to read them. Both for a review and because it helps to have other eyes draft a paper for you. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting rid of a Sprint Collection, GW or PFD?

How old is the debt?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 months old overall, but added to my report as of this week. So pretty fresh.
Message 3 of 7
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Which collection agency are you dealing with?

Message 4 of 7
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I cannot remember how old my Sprint collection was at the time (maybe 3 to 4mths old) I paid it but it had gone to collections, I logged into my sprint account one day, paid it and noticed that it was removed off of my credit report.  Deal with sprint directly if you can!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diversified Adjustments is who it's with and i can't deal with Sprint anymore, its gone to a CA a few months back.
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

PFDs do work, post your letter  if you wish to have it reviewed without personal contact info.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.