Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting super frustrated with the CRA's!! :(

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Getting super frustrated with the CRA's!! :(

I've tried several times pulling my reports from EX and TU , and never successful. Tonight I called in AGAIN, to see what the problem is and why they won't let me. Got the run around and transfer for 45 min!! FINALLY got someone and she put me thru verification again for the 100th time.  So they are mailing me out a full report in the mail. Still can't access online. I'm OVER it!! 

Same lady that was "helping" me, I disputed a Chase account that had wrong DOFD as 2008, but was really 2007. EQ and EX had it correct (2007), and have deleted the negative trade line. What does TU want to do? They want to send verification to Chase as a dispute, I said forget it!! Then I asked for early exclusion, and promptly told they don't do that. I told her I know it's been done thousands of times for many consumers. I give up... I still can't find a number for EX to get my report. 

How am I supposed to work on my reports If I can't access them. At this point I'm ready to just say screw it and let it all just sit there. 

image.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting super frustrated with the CRA's!! :(

@pizza1 wrote:

I've tried several times pulling my reports from EX and TU , and never successful. Tonight I called in AGAIN, to see what the problem is and why they won't let me. Got the run around and transfer for 45 min!! FINALLY got someone and she put me thru verification again for the 100th time.  So they are mailing me out a full report in the mail. Still can't access online. I'm OVER it!! 

Same lady that was "helping" me, I disputed a Chase account that had wrong DOFD as 2008, but was really 2007. EQ and EX had it correct (2007), and have deleted the negative trade line. What does TU want to do? They want to send verification to Chase as a dispute, I said forget it!! If you are challenging the DoFD they have no choice but to send a dispute to the creditor they are the ones that have to correct any errorneous info.  Then I asked for early exclusion, and promptly told they don't do that. I told her I know it's been done thousands of times for many consumers. I give up... I still can't find a number for EX to get my report. Why not just mail your requests for your CRs along with the report fee if its not a freebie you would also include a copy of your ID and util or CC stmt. As far as the early exclusion you need to find someone who is willing to help and you would only request it from TU if the scheduled drop date is within 6 months. Many people have to make multiple calls util they get that person who will actually do it.

How am I supposed to work on my reports If I can't access them. At this point I'm ready to just say screw it and let it all just sit there. The gold standard is to work from hard copies in front of you they contain much more info than online, online reports truncate quite a bit of info.

image.jpg

Message 2 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Same lady that was "helping" me, I disputed a Chase account that had wrong DOFD as 2008, but was really 2007. EQ and EX had it correct (2007), and have deleted the negative trade line. What does TU want to do? They want to send verification to Chase as a dispute, I said forget it!! Then I asked for early exclusion, and promptly told they don't do that. I told her I know it's been done thousands of times for many consumers. I give up... I still can't find a number for EX to get my report. 

How am I supposed to work on my reports If I can't access them. At this point I'm ready to just say screw it and let it all just sit there. 

image.jpg

When you get the reports in the mail (had to do this with equifax), go to online dispute.  Enter the information, including the report number.  Copy the report number to whatever notes app you use  (iPad - Notes, PC -Notepad, etc). Then, after disputes are done, just plug in the saved number to look at your reports, using the dispute process.

And I've spent whole afternoons (4 hours+), dealing with business or customer service problem phone calls.  More info on this can be found in the general credit sub forum, Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks Smiley Happy I try same thing with EX and nothing. I want current reports so I can see all my inquires etc... It's part if my garden plan to spend time fine toothing each one, and attempting spread sheets so I know when each inquiry, derogatory etc... Falls off. Something to look forward too! LolSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

To add to gdale, experian is great, if you come in with smile. When I did get the reports from TU, I did most of my disputes over phone, only one online. Call in to customer relations number (google) and asked to be transferred to US. They will want details, facts to change dofd.

Take it one step at time. The RYC forum is great, searching and researching topics for my state, got all my baddies off.

Plan on this taking awhile, you will feel better.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Thanks Smiley Happy I try same thing with EX and nothing. I want current reports so I can see all my inquires etc... It's part if my garden plan to spend time fine toothing each one, and attempting spread sheets so I know when each inquiry, derogatory etc... Falls off. Something to look forward too! LolSmiley Happy

File complaint with BBB, stress the importance of getting your report, explain calmly but factually the problems you have had.  What I did with eq, and they have been nothing but great since.  It will take your mind off things, but BIG bumps in the road happen (I know).  You will get there, and once you have rapport with agent, supervisor at experian, they tend to direct all your calls back to that person.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks  IF!!! On a brighter note, I paid for my fico 3 report tonight just to know where I'm standing, and my EX is 668! That's after my crazy spree last 2 months, but EX didn't get hit near as hard inquiries as EQ and TU, but all those new accts are reporting though. Found it odd that it actually increased from last month. Next time I pull my fico reports will be in October .

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.