Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting to 620!!

tag
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: Getting to 620!!

Unfortunately We don't have anyone that would be willing to do that. My grandpa has perfect credit and a GREAT credit card but he's not going to do it even if we won't get a card.

I have a credit card but it has not been open longer than his. Smiley Sad
I think I have a game plan:
DV Kay jewelers
PFD all other collections
BOA said they will remove the derogs

Have you guys ever had success removing derogs with a DV? If so, what letter did you use?
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 21 of 34
How2increase
Regular Contributor

It's weird, the time it was being sold is way after we payed it. We paid in full 2009 and the collection agency who has it now says we payed them June 2011! WRONG!!
When I called they started screaming at me saying "why do I care about the payment date if it's reporting paid" I can't even begin to explain how upset I was.
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 22 of 34
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My starting score was about 430 lol.  I was in your position about a year ago.  My middle score is now 620 and my high score is 660.  Unfortunately, the middle is the one that counts.   I just sent out another round of gw letters and hopefully something happens!  Good luck!

Message 24 of 34
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Oh good for you!!! So you have had success with PFD, DV, and GW?

I'm very happy that you have made so much improvements and I reaaalllyyy hope to be moving along as well Smiley Happy
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 25 of 34
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Update!!! I spoke with the OC for my husbands medical CA and told them I never recieved a bill. She was nice but kept saying there was nothing she could do blah blah blah I was about to give up and say bye and then she says "maybe if we had the incorrect address" DING I ask for her to spell out my street address BOOM!! They spelled it wrong!!! So guess what!!! They are deleting it from his report, I mean as long as we pay the balance!! Smiley Happy

I'm not expecting a huge score increase even though this CA is relatively new. I just don't wanna get my hopes up because there are other CA. Do you think we'll see a nice increase?
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 26 of 34
lmg

My starting scores in January for EQ was 544.  I had multiple small collections (and have a 7 yr old BK) appearing on my report.  I went back to OCs, paid in full and negotiated removal from the CAs.  My scores jumped to 604 after they were removed.  I have one 90 day late with Sallie Mae and a few 30/60 days late on my other two lines of credit.  I needed to show more credit so I added myself as an AU to my husband's credit card.  Even though its not that old, he has a nice CL.  With the card near maxed out, it bumped my score to 612.  We just paid the balance down to 8% and am waiting for it to hit - but it should help me clear the 620.  This was all done in 3 mos time - so it IS possible!  Just plug away constantly.  The more you can do with the OC the better - PFD or GW even with CAs - and the better/faster the results will occur.  Dispute with the CRAs at the same time as working it from the other OC/CAs.  Hope that helps!

Message 27 of 34
annielorie
Valued Contributor

HOw 2 increase Thats great see!!!  What is happenning with the BoA delete and the Litman jewelry debacle?

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 28 of 34
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Omg! Wow that's wonderful. Thanks, that gives me hope! I don't have a AU Smiley Sad but I have a few Other GW and PFD letters that I'm waiting to hear a response. I did dispute a account that had incorrect information. If the CA does not respond is that a automatic delete?
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 29 of 34
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Annielorie thanks!!! I'm so excited! Well BOA still has not sent out that letter and I haven't seen any changes to his report Smiley Sad but I'm going to give it a little more time. The CA for Kay jewelers I disputed with the credit bureaus, that was march.15 and they have not verified anything yet. Is that called for a deletion?
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.