Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting your Credit Reports... hope this helps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting your Credit Reports... hope this helps

Hi Everyone, 

I'm sure a lot of us have encountered an error trying to get credit reports from CRA's. After spending some time with Transunion, an IT guy said "You have 6 names listed on your credit report, some are misspelled, some included a middle initial, some with your last name with only the 1st initial. This may be the reason the system does not allow you access" In short, he suggested to remove all aliases or former names. Then after 24 hours, I was finally freaking able to access my transunion report after 2 months of frustration. So then I called Equifax and Experian to do same thing and sure enough that enabled me to access reports online.

Also, double check how your address shows on your report, missing numbers, street names, directions (N,E,S,W etc..), unit/apt numbers. 

For those who haven't updated their personal info: name, address, phone number and etc... Spend 4 hours to remove all the discrepancies on your report, I know its time consuming but it would relieve the headache later on. 

Some companies, mainly the employees that hand written or typed in your app doesn't double check for typos which causes variances in your name or address. Just double check their work 

According to the IT guy, make sure they don't put a period (.) on your middle initial as their site doesn't allow character input.

However, they won't remove a misspelled name if it is attached to a current creditor. So another phone call or email to the creditor to ask them to update with the correct info. 

Example: as shown in DL John Anthony Smith

incorrect formats (these are the formats that showed on my report)

John A(.) Smith

Smith John A(.)

John A Smith

J Anthony Smith

J. Anthony Smith

John Anthony S

For simplicity just match your Drivers License. Anyway, hopefully this helps everyone who trouble accessing reports online. 

If you misspell your name, thats your faultSmiley Surprised

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.