Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gizzy credit

June 2014. They are 60 day lates
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the poster Gizmotchy below is the same person trying to get you to purchase his "system?" Hmmm.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice - just wait them out. In six more months they will lose most of their scoring impact. In the meantime build on  the positive side of the equation.

Message 13 of 32
gizmotchy
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the poster Gizmotchy below is the same person trying to get you to purchase his "system?" Hmmm.

Definately not!  I do things the right and legal way!  Yes, I disputed some student loan tradelines, but in the firm belief that they should not be there anymore since my loans had been rehabbed.  I only give advice on 2 forums - here, and on Reddit's /r/credit board (under a different name).  In fact, if you look closely at my post history, you'll see where I asked for advice on what to do about those student loan entries in the appropriate forum!

Beginning Scores 5/10/2014: EX 604, EQ 587, TU 658 Current 11/9/2015: EQ 665 TU 665 (FAKO) EX 659 (FAKO)
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

You disputed valid marks bc you believe they shouldn't be there ? Lol
Message 15 of 32
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
You disputed valid marks bc you believe they shouldn't be there ? Lol

He also stated that it was because they were rehabbed.  A legitimate reason.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 32
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Back to the OP.  I would be wary of anyone making such promises.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cuz in was just asking me about her student loans.... so you have a chance of getting rid of the lates if you rehab them? Is it just luck which CAS go for it?
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs*
Message 19 of 32
gizmotchy
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
My cuz in was just asking me about her student loans.... so you have a chance of getting rid of the lates if you rehab them? Is it just luck which CAS go for it?

Shamrock, it's not a guarantee after rehab, but often they do go away.  In my case, prior to rehab, my reports showed 2 different tradelines both for DOE, one of which had not updated since 2011, the other showing current updates.  When I completed rehab, the tradelines that were being updated got removed in favor of my new entry from FedLoan showing current.

I also knew from prior research that somewhere around the 2011 timeframe, DOE did some restructuring on how they handled student loans, especially ones in default.  I made an educated guess that the old tradelines not having been updated since 2011 were sort of zombies, and were actually superceded by the later DOE tradelines, and after rehab the new FedLoan tradelines.  I made an educated guess that these could potentially get wiped out via dispute, saying the debt was sold to another lender (which is exactly what happened - DOE sold the debt to FedLoan earlier this year).  And it worked for me.  No guarantee it will work for others, but if you have negative tradelines from the DOE for a loan that has gone thru rehab, it might be worth a try.  If the negative tradelines are another servicer such as Sallie Mae, it might not work, however!

Beginning Scores 5/10/2014: EX 604, EQ 587, TU 658 Current 11/9/2015: EQ 665 TU 665 (FAKO) EX 659 (FAKO)
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.