Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Payments Check Services

tag
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Global Payments Check Services

In March 2012, the the apartment building I lived in was destroyed by fire.  Following that catastrophic event, I pulled my credit reports and found an account with Global Payments Check Services dated back to July 2009.  I called and spoke with a representative at that time.  I learned that a letter had been sent to an old address.  Not knowing what to do, I paid the account in March 2012 without doing a PFD.  I have a letter dated April 6, 2012 verifying the account was paid in full.  I have called three times asking to have the item removed stating the bill was mailed an old address.  I keep getting told that the letters were not returned to sender and therefore they assume they were received and just simply ignored.  I requested the credit agencies add the statement below to this account, but it removed permanently.  Experian and Transunion are the only two it was reported to.  Should  I dispute the fact that it is listed as a CO in June 2012 when it was actually charged off in 2009?  Should I dispute because it was actually paid in March 2012 not June 2012?  

Any suggestions or helpful steps to take to get it removed are greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Global Payments Check Services

Message 2 of 15
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Message 3 of 15
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Can you post the TL?  I am confused about the dates.

I attempted to paste it at the end of the first message, but it didn't attach.  Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you can cut and paste.

Have you ever disptued the TL?  Do they update monthly?

Message 5 of 15
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Sorry that the information isn't showing up.  I am using a Macbook.  It shows up when I paste it to create the message, but it doesn't when I post the message.  I copied it from the EX report this time.  

I have disputed the account because it was sent to an inaccurate address, but I have not disputed it based on the actual PO date.

Paid,Closed. $350 written off.

Date Opened: 
07/2009
Date of Status: 
06/2012
Reported Since: 
06/2012
Last Reported Date: 
06/2012

Type: 
Unspecified
Terms: 
N/A 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$350
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
N/A
Recent Payment: 
N/A

Payment History:

JUN

CO

Account History:

Charge Off as of Jun 2012

Your Statement:

DUE TO CHANGE OF ADDRESS I NEVER RECEIVED A BILL/STATEMENT. 
N/A
Message 6 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The CO as of Jun 12 is just that, the status of the date it was reported dispute/updated.  Doesn't mean anything.

Message 7 of 15
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

I guess I'm not following you. Should I dispute the account because it was paid in March 2012? Should I write a GW to have it removed because I didn't receive the notice?

Is the DOFD July 2009 and when will the item be removed?
Message 8 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am saying that when the CRA updated the TL it was Jun of 2012.  The TL was a CO, it always will be, just paid.

If you were to do anything like dispute, it would update to the current date and possibly drop your score.

I can't tell from that what the DoFD is. 

Message 9 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is this a returned check?  If it is the DoFD is the date of the check or the date it was returned for insufficient funds.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.