Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gm financial refused to deleted 7 1/2 debt from equifax

tag
chamire
Contributor

Gm financial refused to deleted 7 1/2 debt from equifax

I have been fighting Americredit/ Gm financial for several months now. Long story short Experian has removed this old repo that was due to fall off feb of 2012. Now out of the blue Gm financial formerly known as Americredit pop up on my Equifax with wrong reporting so they prolong my statue of limitation to nov 2012. They are keep verify the info as correct knowing this account is past its sol date. I have contact bbb, Texas attorney for help. They refused to tell to delete this old repo which was due to fall off feb 2012. Experian has already caught them lying now since they can't report to my Experian and transunion they are reporting to my Equifax with false reporting.

EQ542 TRAN582 EX565:
Current Score:EQ 635 TRAN 631 EX 603
Goal Score: 750

Start out : 24 negative accounts collections/chargeoff
Current : 5 remaining 2 unpaid 72 total positive accounts:Long two year battle finally i can see light
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chamire
Contributor

Re: Gm financial refused to deleted 7 1/2 debt from equifax

Sorry for the typos

EQ542 TRAN582 EX565:
Current Score:EQ 635 TRAN 631 EX 603
Goal Score: 750

Start out : 24 negative accounts collections/chargeoff
Current : 5 remaining 2 unpaid 72 total positive accounts:Long two year battle finally i can see light
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If you have physical evidence such as old bills or credit reports, I have had luck calling equifax executive line
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Could you please pm me the equifax executive lineSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Apparently, the issue is their reporting of a repossession?

If so, the relevant date is not the DOFD or a date of delinquency.  It would be the date of occurence of the reported adverse item, i.e., the repo.

Its CR exclusion date would be governed by FCRA 605(a)(5), which states:

"Any other adverse item of information, other than records of convictions of crimes, which antedate the report by more than 7 years."

When did the repo occur?  What date are you basing credit report exclusion upon?

As a side issue, I suggest that you dont refer to SOL with respect to credit reporting issues, as it confuses the matter.  SOL governs the time after which the debt is no longer legally collectible, and has zero to do with credit report exclusion issues.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.