Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go a question regarding an account that went to a CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go a question regarding an account that went to a CA

I called a CA to verify an old (fully paid) collection account that was sitting on my EQ report.  They found my name and original creditor, but they did not have the correct SSN.  Can I have EQ verify this account and move to have this removed? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Go a question regarding an account that went to a CA

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well truthfully, I don't remember paying this account or getting any notification about it.  I contacted the original creditor (Washington Gas) and tried to get information out of them, but they stated that they didn't have any record of this account.  They gave me the number to their collection agency, who said they couldn't verify this account (although they validated that a person with my name and this creditor were listed as having this amount in collections that was fully paid).  They couldn't reconcile the SSN differences, and when they told me the SSN on their end...it was no where close.  They told me I would have to go back to Washington Gas to get more information...but that would just bring me back to the beginning of this research...

Just weird..

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you do not remember the account or do not think it is yours then, yes you can dispute it.

If they use EOscar and the account information is still in the database it could very well come back verified.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.