cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going bonkers - how do you cope with rebuilding and correcting errors?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going bonkers - how do you cope with rebuilding and correcting errors?

How do you deal with how difficult fixing credit stuff is? I'm at the end of my rope! It's so frustrating. 3 CA promised to remove and in one case -- I paid them $600 and they have a $39.00 charge on my report! I have called them 4 times. Each time they tell me, "it's will be removed we're not reporting it." BAM IT'S STILL THERE. AHHHHH! We are getting approved for a mortgage and had to have all disputes removed. I called all 3 and removed disputes. Then I get a letter from EQ this morning saying my "online dispute has been resolved." What online dispute!!!? I never did one! And guess what -- they're sitll there!!!! How do you not give up? Spend all day mad arguing all this stuff? I called the creditor and they say "well it shouldn't be on there, it's paid." Yet it still is.

It's so frustrating. It's ruining my summer. I think my husband and I deserve to have accurate credit reports and I can't give up but it's beyond frustrating.

There are so many examples like this. An account that was settled and closed years ago -- and no longer reporting -- somehow two years ago someone decided just for the fun of it to somehow gain access to our account and tell them we lived in Nevada. Nope. Never. Never lived there in my life. Can't get it changed. Tried several times. This for something not even reporting!

What strategies do you have? I can't walk around all day this crabby over this craziness. There are too many errors and problems and they make it way too hard for the consumer. It's just not right.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Going bonkers - how do you cope with rebuilding and correcting errors?

I read an inspiring post and I guess I can't give up and have to keep going and try not to react emotionally -- either irritation at my idea of errors or sheer panic (those are my two emotions in dealing with this!) At the end of the day, it's my (stupid) fault for getting in this situation. In the past, I just threw in the towel because it was so messed up. Maybe setting a goal would help. 800 ha! I put that in my name before I knew how impossible. But in the 700 club would be nice. I am realizing I was woefully uneducated about scores and have so much to figure out it's overwhelming.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation. I know mines won't be fixed over night but, the process is driving me insane. It seems like I take one step forward and 10 steps back. Wish I would have found this forum a long time ago. Before I knew about PTD, I paid everything on my credit report in full and now I have old accounts starting to show up from 2003 and 2004. Ugh 😩 guess I woke up the sleeping dragon and they are trying to see if it will push me to pay old medical accounts they had on file.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that sucks!

If it's any consolation -- lenders for mortgages say they absolutely do not look at medical bills. Especially if it's that old. The hard part is, you can't have any "disputes" on your credit report so you can't solve things by making disputes. You can only do it by going to each CA and creditor individually. The problem I'm having too is they keep telling me "we will delete it, it's so old it shouldn't be on there" -- guess what? It's still there.

It's also driving me insane and ruining my summer. Hang in there! Keep plugging away. I noticed I had a couple really bad days, and then one good day where it was great, and then one bad day when my score dropped after a CO deleted!!! Smiley Sad

It's a roller coaster.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only baddies I have or had on my credit report is medical bills. The mortgage company told me my mix of credit is hurting me and I needed credit cards. I paid all the Dr bills that was on it and last month I had 7 pop up from 2003-2004. Of course the credit cards hasn't started reporting yet and I hope I get the last few points I need to secure the loan. I haven't disputed anything on my report and many of the collection agencies removed the accounts on their own (thank God!) My daughters 2 hospital stays and my emergency surgery resulted in 48 collections and I'm down to 11 still showing on TU, 8 showing on EQ and 10 showing on EX. Just the money I had to come up with out of pocket for everything was ridiculous and after they submitted everything to the insurance company, I just couldn't keep up. I'm just glad its finally paid in full except these older bills that just started showing up last month. I didn't know medical bills didn't count on mortgage loan decisions. We was going to wait till September to see where we stand as far as getting a mortgage so the credit cards have time to report.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

gettinto800, ,

Don't feel bad, we all been threw the same thing and a lot of us are still going threw the rebuilding process now. my advice to the both of you is to keep pushing and never give up.

, Start by calling the credit agencies requesting an EE (Early Exclusion) that's for accoounts that's been 7 years or older since the first day of delinquency (the first day you stop paying this account). the accounts from 2003-2004 call for those right away and ask for them to be removed bcus they're to old to be on your report. Next you need maybe one or two secured cards to start the rebuilding process.

gettinto800, I know it's very frustrating but don't give up.... This is something that you and the hubby both want, so you have to fight for it!

Start sending in letters...... Its a lot of helpful tips you can find on this forum.

Welcome to Myfico! Good luck!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great that you paid it! Sorry to hear your situation.

Maybe research because 2 loan officers told us medical bills don't count. One was FHA. Especially if they're older. Maybe, though, if there's a lot it's impacting your score. I am not certain.

If there's something from 2003 or 2004 that seems like it's too old and should have fallen off by now. In California, the law is 7 years from DOFD (first delinquent, not charge off). So if it's "reaged" there are threads on how to deal with that. Or if it's just suddenly popping up back on there when it shouldn't.

It's a headache. I have promises to delete, I paid for delete, and then doesn't happen. I paid in full $600 and still on there so I'm calling on that today. Then a big charge off fell off of $16,000 - and my score dropped! I'm like... how is that possible?

It's a total headache.

Now I'm trying to stay sane through a super stressful mortgage approval process. Our first lender was so incompetent and didn't understand FHA we went and got a different lender who is 10x better and very nice. We are building a house so that's a total stress too! But hopefully all good!

I've learned a lot around here. It's overwhelming sometimes.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MssRemaa! It's beyond helpful around here. I'm learning so much! The misery of being broke took its toll, now we're coming out of it. I just have to move towards the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its 7 years in the state of Louisiana as well. I just need to start making calls. I now have credit cards but they haven't started reporting to the CRA just yet. Hopefully by the end of next week or two weeks it will show up.. Well I wish you the best of luck and thanks for the information y'all have provided. 😆
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.