cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going in the wrong Direction after doing everything right?

tag
jrz123
Valued Member

Going in the wrong Direction after doing everything right?

Since May 2013, I dropped 25 points after a slow and steady climb to over 720.. AAoA is 9 years, oldest account 22 years, No Lates,  (1)  4year old paid collection which I have tried to get GW'd without success.  Good mix of mortgage, auto and CC active accounts. 3 Inquiries upm from 0.. could that be why the significant drop?

Last month I let my CC utilization post at 2% so this month I went to 0% to see what would happen, dropped 7 more points, UGH! My progress is going backwards and it just seems so slow.. I must be doing something wrong but have no idea what it might be.. do I keep trying to play with CC utilization? Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Starting Score: EQ:630 TU:682 June 2012
Current: EQ:830
Goal: reached
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Going in the wrong Direction after doing everything right?

It could be the inquiries that caused the drop, new accounts as well. Did you recently add some new accounts? It could be a score card or bucketing issue if your average age of accounts dropped. You have the right idea about utilization, you can always mess around with it more and you may see some success. Other than those things, all you can really do is keep plugging away with the GW's.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.