Visitor

Going up?

Just getting to get control of my credit score in a positive way. I want to improve my score the fastest way possible. I want to do this the right and legal way, because me having a low score 598TU is my fault, and my fault alone. I have 2 cc charge-offs that have been closed. Is there anyway too get those off in the near future, and also have a vehicle payment that has not been late 1 time in 3 years. I also have 1 credit card that I pay off every month except for about 5-10%.

Valued Contributor

Re: Going up?

kirb1 wrote:

Just getting to get control of my credit score in a positive way. I want to improve my score the fastest way possible. I want to do this the right and legal way, because me having a low score 598TU is my fault, and my fault alone. I have 2 cc charge-offs that have been closed. Is there anyway too get those off in the near future, and also have a vehicle payment that has not been late 1 time in 3 years. I also have 1 credit card that I pay off every month except for about 5-10%.

If the charge-off's are closed and paid you can attempt a GW to remove the negative comment and or remove the Trade Line.

If they are charged-off and went to collections then you would have to make an attempt to PFD the CA unless it is paid then a GW to the CA. 

If the OC and the CA are reporting then you would still have to make an attempt to PFD the CA unless it is paid then a GW to the CA and also GW the OC.

This is not a quick fix even though at times some have faster success then others. Then there are many that never have any success no matter how many times or attempts you try. YMMV.

You have to be persistent, patient, friendly, and do a little work.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Mega Contributor

Re: Going up?

[ Edited ]

If you are talking about a charge-off, you have two possible ways of getting it deleted prior to its normal 7 1/2 period.

Either a PFD request, if unpaid,  or a GW request, if paid.

Even if a debt collector has posted to your CR, that does NOT necessarily preclude a PFD offer to the OC.

The OC could have merely referred collection to the debt collector, without actual sale of the debt.  Under that scenario, you could PFD either the OC or CA; however,

whichever party you offer a PFD to, they can only agree to the deletion of their own reporting.  Yes, if the OC still owns the debt, regqrdless of whether a CA has reported, they can still agree to acceptance of the CO deletion.

However, if the OC sold the debt to the debt collector, the OC cannot accept any payment. Then, only recourse to CO deletion would be by way of a GW request.

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.