Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going up?

Just getting to get control of my credit score in a positive way. I want to improve my score the fastest way possible. I want to do this the right and legal way, because me having a low score 598TU is my fault, and my fault alone. I have 2 cc charge-offs that have been closed. Is there anyway too get those off in the near future, and also have a vehicle payment that has not been late 1 time in 3 years. I also have 1 credit card that I pay off every month except for about 5-10%.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Going up?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just getting to get control of my credit score in a positive way. I want to improve my score the fastest way possible. I want to do this the right and legal way, because me having a low score 598TU is my fault, and my fault alone. I have 2 cc charge-offs that have been closed. Is there anyway too get those off in the near future, and also have a vehicle payment that has not been late 1 time in 3 years. I also have 1 credit card that I pay off every month except for about 5-10%.

If the charge-off's are closed and paid you can attempt a GW to remove the negative comment and or remove the Trade Line.

If they are charged-off and went to collections then you would have to make an attempt to PFD the CA unless it is paid then a GW to the CA. 

If the OC and the CA are reporting then you would still have to make an attempt to PFD the CA unless it is paid then a GW to the CA and also GW the OC.

This is not a quick fix even though at times some have faster success then others. Then there are many that never have any success no matter how many times or attempts you try. YMMV.

You have to be persistent, patient, friendly, and do a little work.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Going up?

If you are talking about a charge-off, you have two possible ways of getting it deleted prior to its normal 7 1/2 period.

Either a PFD request, if unpaid,  or a GW request, if paid.

Even if a debt collector has posted to your CR, that does NOT necessarily preclude a PFD offer to the OC.

The OC could have merely referred collection to the debt collector, without actual sale of the debt.  Under that scenario, you could PFD either the OC or CA; however,

whichever party you offer a PFD to, they can only agree to the deletion of their own reporting.  Yes, if the OC still owns the debt, regqrdless of whether a CA has reported, they can still agree to acceptance of the CO deletion.

However, if the OC sold the debt to the debt collector, the OC cannot accept any payment. Then, only recourse to CO deletion would be by way of a GW request.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.