cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gonna try cold apping CapOne 8 months post DC....advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna try cold apping CapOne 8 months post DC....advice?

As much as I want to get rid of Merrick before August AF comes up...

I tried pre-qual and nothing comes up but I know many say to go for COLD APP.

Which card should I attempt first? I really DON'T want any cards with AF!!! Should I cold app regular Platium with no fee, if they approve, then I go back and app what? QS with no fee? or vice versa? Can I merge them later, say 3, 6 months to QS? then ask for PC to Venture later on (or I might keep QS as cash back card)?

Remember, I IIB Capital One platium for $300 which was discharged in June 2015.

Thanks and as soon as I get answers I'l try cold app.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gonna try cold apping CapOne 8 months post DC....advice?

Cap One is VERY forgiving but I'd give it at least a year since you burned them.  Others may be able to give more information but a year minimum.

Message 2 of 5
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Their system rule is 12 months. Don't bother wasting the HPs. You won't get approved.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsaydruart wrote:

Their system rule is 12 months. Don't bother wasting the HPs. You won't get approved.

If its an auto-denial for anything listed in their disclosures (too many cap one accounts, recent lates on cap one accounts, cap one account overlimit, recent cap one charge off, etc) then they will not even do a credit check. Note that they don't need to pull your credit to know these things, they just flag your internal records.

There have been quite a few people that have flown under the radar, having recent CO's as a result of BK. I believe it happens when the account is not delinquent when the BK is filed. I suspect that in those instances, for whatever reason, the accounts never get flagged. IMHO, the OP has nothing to lose by apping.

Message 4 of 5
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

That's 3 HPs to lose but if OP can spare, go for it.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.