Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Grief!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Grief!

I had a $70 annual fee post to a credit card in Feb which brought the balance $10 higher than the limit. I immediately paid the normal amount which is twice the minimum and the $70, but the darn thing still reported to Equifax over limit. I lost 33 points!

No late pays or anything, thank God.

Will I get all my points back when the balance updates next cycle?

Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Grief!

randomscreennamegenerator wrote:

I had a $70 annual fee post to a credit card in Feb which brought the balance $10 higher than the limit. I immediately paid the normal amount which is twice the minimum and the $70, but the darn thing still reported to Equifax over limit. I lost 33 points!

No late pays or anything, thank God.

Will I get all my points back when the balance updates next cycle?

Smiley Sad

You should if nothing else changes.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

This is a very stressful process. I can't believe how much it takes to bring the scores up. They drop so easily, it takes an act of God to bring them up.

Best Wishes

Message 3 of 4
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

@randomscreennamegenerator wrote:

Thanks,

This is a very stressful process. I can't believe how much it takes to bring the scores up. They drop so easily, it takes an act of God to bring them up.

Best Wishes

Amen to that! I had an emergency car problem in January, maxed my Firestone card to pay it on a Wednesday. I paid it off in full on that Friday. Apparently they reported to CRAs in that short window and it cost me a whopping 30+ points. I was screaming and pulling my hair out. Then next month when Firestone reported $0 balance, the score came back up a few points shy of where it was. I vow to never max out a card again unless it's life or death, even if it's going to be paid in full on pay day.

In a way it was good that happened to me, because it forced me to set up a savings fund for these type incidents and I'm proud of my savings habits now. I don't know which I like better, watching my personal savings grow or my FICO. They're both satisfying when on the up and up. FICO takes more effort; however.

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.