cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News, GREAT news, and horrible news overnight....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News, GREAT news, and horrible news overnight....

So I woke up this morning to an alert from Experian that my Fico 8 score had changed. Up 111 points. They concluded their investigation in 2 accounts that were fraudulent.. So now Experian is sitting at 759. Very happy about that. A few hours later, I get a notification that my TU file had been updated... they too concluded their investigation. Refresh FICO and it shows TU at 691 (mortgage only reports to EX for whatever reason, thats the reason for the bump in points between the two) Then the bad... when I did the refresh.. EQ dropped. DROPPED down to 411. The accounts I had sucessfully proven were fraudulent with the OC, EX and TU were just showing thier ugly faces with EQ. I don't know what is causing it, they are labeled CONSUMER DISPUTES - REINVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS. I am not too sure how much this weighs. Could someone shed some light? Can I ask EQ to follow suit of EX and TU to remove the accounts? And I couldnt resist... I decided to test the waters, seeing as alot of people were only getting SP's for AMEX... I submitted the app... got the 14 day message.. I was bummed. Then about 15 minutes later, I got a call and it was AMEX.... asked me a couple of ID verification questions, and bam! Congradulations you have been approved for the Everyday Card with a $3000 SL. I did take an HP afterall, but worth it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good News, GREAT news, and horrible news overnight....

EQ is giving me some issues as well.  I think that they are the ones that are difficult to deal with.  At least, that's what I've read here in the forums.

Congrats on your new card!!

I'll let the gurus chime in on what steps to take next!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I woke up this morning to an alert from Experian that my Fico 8 score had changed. Up 111 points. They concluded their investigation in 2 accounts that were fraudulent.. So now Experian is sitting at 759. Very happy about that. A few hours later, I get a notification that my TU file had been updated... they too concluded their investigation. Refresh FICO and it shows TU at 691 (mortgage only reports to EX for whatever reason, thats the reason for the bump in points between the two) Then the bad... when I did the refresh.. EQ dropped. DROPPED down to 411. The accounts I had sucessfully proven were fraudulent with the OC, EX and TU were just showing thier ugly faces with EQ. I don't know what is causing it, they are labeled CONSUMER DISPUTES - REINVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS. I am not too sure how much this weighs. Could someone shed some light? Can I ask EQ to follow suit of EX and TU to remove the accounts? And I couldnt resist... I decided to test the waters, seeing as alot of people were only getting SP's for AMEX... I submitted the app... got the 14 day message.. I was bummed. Then about 15 minutes later, I got a call and it was AMEX.... asked me a couple of ID verification questions, and bam! Congradulations you have been approved for the Everyday Card with a $3000 SL. I did take an HP afterall, but worth it. 

Do not fret. Equifax is a royal pain in the butt. And keep on them with letters and proof. They are by far the laziest most corrupt CRA. Congrats on the card.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update and another request for some guidance.. Equifax is still not updating my file. I submitted a dispute and the results show both accounts that were fraudulent came back as Verified. I have letters directly from both companies stating I am not liable and they have submitted requests to have the trade lines removed. I had filed a police report when this all happened, so I submitted that, my FTC ID theft affidavit, and the letters from the OCs. I called Eq to check to make sure they recieved the docs. The rep told me she would start another 30 day dispute... I thought the CRA's had 5 days to block the trade lines if they are a result of ID theft? I don't think she really knew what I was talking about. It is frustrating the CRA's outsource so many jobs and then the people they hire, you can't even hear and understand. ANYWAY. Today is day 7 since they signed for the police report and other docs. What is my next move? Does anyone have contact info for the ID theft dept at EQ (hopfully stateside support)? Or do I need to file a CFPB report? Or somthing else?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

wrote:

Just a quick update and another request for some guidance.. Equifax is still not updating my file. I submitted a dispute and the results show both accounts that were fraudulent came back as Verified. I have letters directly from both companies stating I am not liable and they have submitted requests to have the trade lines removed. I had filed a police report when this all happened, so I submitted that, my FTC ID theft affidavit, and the letters from the OCs. I called Eq to check to make sure they recieved the docs. The rep told me she would start another 30 day dispute... I thought the CRA's had 5 days to block the trade lines if they are a result of ID theft? I don't think she really knew what I was talking about. It is frustrating the CRA's outsource so many jobs and then the people they hire, you can't even hear and understand. ANYWAY. Today is day 7 since they signed for the police report and other docs. What is my next move? Does anyone have contact info for the ID theft dept at EQ (hopfully stateside support)? Or do I need to file a CFPB report? Or somthing else?

If they are in violation of the time limits as granted by the FCRA in regards to Id Theft then file a complaint with the CFPB. Dont file if you have not done all the steps the law requires to get them excluded, wait until you do.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Euifax will validate any thing.   I sent them a leter from the oc saying OC was wrong and they would not correct til 2 rounds with the CFPB.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.