Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Paid Judgment Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Paid Judgment Story

So, I've been reading about getting a paid judgment removed from my report. Having it vacated with prejudice etc. Thinking I'll give it a try..Nothing to lose if I can't get it done.

This was a judgment I paid in 07. I wanted to make sure I had all my information that I needed so I decided to head to the clerks office to get some copies. I walk in and the two ladies are in there stamping away at papers. I ask for all records on my case so I can get the copies I needed. I was hoping to get the info to contact the attorney that handled the case locally so I could make a deal with him to vacate.

I'm talking away to the ladies about what I intended to do..They have never heard of motion to vacate..Small town living..So I explain the process I was about to undertake and explained that it was a major ding on my credit report. One of the ladies seemed to start getting rather upset about it..I started thinking, oh no, this isn't going to go well.

Then she start in.. I don't know why those people that come in here and search out records even put that stuff on there and they never follow up on what happens to the case, they just come in here and find judgments and forward it to whoever they want to and go on about their business! Then they leave it up to people like you to have to come in here and straighten it all up by themselves...I'm thinking on the inside.Right on sister!...LOL....Then she asks me again what the case number was on it..I give it to her with a copy of the satisfaction..She goes to her computer..Types away...Mumbles something I couldn't repeat...walks away and says she'll be right back. A couple minutes later, she comes back in..Seals a peace of paper, stamps it..dates and signs..and says there! That judgment has just been dismissed and vacated!

I didn't know what to say other than a big thank you! Her reply was to go home, enjoy the rest of the beautiful day and send copies of those to the CRAs and get that removed!

Yes Ma'am, and you have a great evening as well! and thank you so much again for your time!

Awesome!!!

Got copies and sending off to CRAs in the morning!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Paid Judgment Story

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I've been reading about getting a paid judgment removed from my report. Having it vacated with prejudice etc. Thinking I'll give it a try..Nothing to lose if I can't get it done.

This was a judgment I paid in 07. I wanted to make sure I had all my information that I needed so I decided to head to the clerks office to get some copies. I walk in and the two ladies are in there stamping away at papers. I ask for all records on my case so I can get the copies I needed. I was hoping to get the info to contact the attorney that handled the case locally so I could make a deal with him to vacate.

I'm talking away to the ladies about what I intended to do..They have never heard of motion to vacate..Small town living..So I explain the process I was about to undertake and explained that it was a major ding on my credit report. One of the ladies seemed to start getting rather upset about it..I started thinking, oh no, this isn't going to go well.

Then she start in.. I don't know why those people that come in here and search out records even put that stuff on there and they never follow up on what happens to the case, they just come in here and find judgments and forward it to whoever they want to and go on about their business! Then they leave it up to people like you to have to come in here and straighten it all up by themselves...I'm thinking on the inside.Right on sister!...LOL....Then she asks me again what the case number was on it..I give it to her with a copy of the satisfaction..She goes to her computer..Types away...Mumbles something I couldn't repeat...walks away and says she'll be right back. A couple minutes later, she comes back in..Seals a peace of paper, stamps it..dates and signs..and says there! That judgment has just been dismissed and vacated!

I didn't know what to say other than a big thank you! Her reply was to go home, enjoy the rest of the beautiful day and send copies of those to the CRAs and get that removed!

Yes Ma'am, and you have a great evening as well! and thank you so much again for your time!

Awesome!!!

Got copies and sending off to CRAs in the morning!

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.  Smiley Happy

Congratulations!!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Paid Judgment Story

HO HO HO

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.