Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will Letter Addresses

tag
Meddle

Good Will Letter Addresses

Hello FICO Friends!

I'm in the midst of getting 4-5 baddies removed.

I have letters out to 4 of the 5, the fifth one is a CA (Calvary Portfolio Services) I am hoping this becomes sticky with addresses for creditors you've had good look receiving GW Delettion approvals. I am not sure the address listed on my CR are the best to go with.

The agencies I've contacted are:

Bank of America (Brian Moynihan Corporate Address) - $500 charge card
Tribute Card

First National Bank (this one is a toughy)

Plains Commerce Bank

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 7255
Goal Score: 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Good Will Letter Addresses

While others will gladly share with you the addresses they have for GW letters, more senior members have advised against master posts which record information about which lenders are willing to provide GWs and any addresses associated with successful GWs.

The thought is, if people are abusing this courtesy by broadcasting a master list of GW providers on a site like myfico.com, those lenders may stop providing them. Therefore, it's better to handle your GWs in a one-off fashion so you get the advice you need and the next person can create thier own post to get the information they need.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Meddle,

In addition to what MBOhio2 said trying to compile such a list is really an exercise in futility because what works perfectly for one person might be worthless for the next 10 people who try it.

It seems to work much better when a personal success story is posted and then discussed by others.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 4
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Yes, in all honesty, GWs are a total crapshoot. Regardless of where you send it and who you address it to, it's really a matter of catching the right person on the right day so persistence and a little creativity is the best way to find success!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.