Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will Letter Help Please

tag
turts14
Regular Contributor

Good Will Letter Help Please

I have two charged off accounts with HSBC and First Premier Bank.  The collection agencies that they where sold to have agreed to pay for delete.  My concern is with the original charge offs still listed.  

I have drafte two good will letters to the companies and my question is who to send them to?  The main address on the credit report? ATTN to a certain deparment?  Does anyone have direct contacts I can emial or mail to? 

Thanks for all your help, I am down to only a few bad accounts still listed.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Good Will Letter Help Please

I would recommend sending them to the addresses on your CRs and just address to "Sir or Madam"

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Good Will Letter Help Please

just to be clear (so there isn't any confusion later), although the collection agencies agreed to a pay for delete does not mean that the original creditors will remove the original tradeline from your report. 

Once you confirm that the collection agencies have removed their negative tradelines, you need to work on a goodwill letter to the original creditors.  Be persistent Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.