Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will Letters

tag
NewBreed
New Contributor

Good Will Letters

Hey guys quick question. I have 3 baddies I want removed off my CR i paid off. They are all relatively minor accounts from when i was 18 and im 23 now, however i recently paid them all off in FULL! Which im excited about becuase Ive been getting cards left and right to rebuild my self. 

So tell me does anyone have a REALLY good... Good Will Letter i can send to the people

And WHO do i send them to?... Please dont abbreviate cause i sometimes dont know the abbreviations. 

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Good Will Letters

There are samples in this thread, but these are just skeleton formats.  A REALLY good GW letter is personal and directly related to your situation.  Remember that CAs get hundreds of GW's...so a cookie cutter letter wont stand out.  Tell your story.  I sent my first round of GW's to any customer service email I could find as well as the addresses on my credit report.  You have to start somewhere.  Be persistant and don't get discourages if you get a lot of no's at first.  Good luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
NewBreed
New Contributor

Re: Good Will Letters

@aurelie00 wrote:

There are samples in this thread, but these are just skeleton formats.  A REALLY good GW letter is personal and directly related to your situation.  Remember that CAs get hundreds of GW's...so a cookie cutter letter wont stand out.  Tell your story.  I sent my first round of GW's to any customer service email I could find as well as the addresses on my credit report.  You have to start somewhere.  Be persistant and don't get discourages if you get a lot of no's at first.  Good luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto

And how about removing 1 30 day late??? from an old loan that i ALWAYS paid on time... accidently forgot to pay it once.

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.