Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Will denied, What's next?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Good Will denied, What's next?

I have a paid student loan from Brazos Higher Education that I was 90 days late in december 2006. I sent them a GW letter about two weeks ago and they just got back to me with the following respond.

[quote]

This letter is in response to your request dated january 13, 2009.

Federal regulations require that we report the status on each loan to the credit bureau.  We submit information to the credit bureau when an account refelcts at least sixty days delinquent and every thirty days thereafter.

We have reviewed your account and verified the delinquencies were reported correctly. Unfortunately, due to current federal regulations we are unable to remove unfavorable information reported to the credit bureau.

If you have any questions, please contact this office...

[/quote]

What should I do next?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: Good Will denied, What's next?

Send another gw letter. Rarely do you receive goodwill on the first letter. Research if there are other addresses in which to send the gw letter. You can google Brazos Higher Education and see if you get anything.

Just keep sending the letters, maybe you will eventually get a CSR with a heart. If not, they may get tired of opening your letters and give you gw to get you off their backs.Smiley Very Happy

Do not get discouraged. Keep mailing letters!

Established Contributor

Really have fun with them and give them the interpretation of the actual law.  There is nothing stating they MUST report any information - the law demands that IF they report it must be accurate information. 

The response back to you is written is such a way that you can almost read into it "we would so do this for you if it weren't against the law"  now tell them GUESS WHAT  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Draco007
New Contributor

I'm in the exact same boat.  Just received almost the same form letter response from Merrick Bank after asking them to remove a single 30 day late TL that is now over 2 years old.  Does anyone have a good copy of a response letter to that?
Message 4 of 6
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

English is my 2nd language and I don't know how to write a good reply letter. Are there any samples that I can take from?

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

eddymvp wrote:

English is my 2nd language and I don't know how to write a good reply letter. Are there any samples that I can take from?

Here's a good GW resource:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=5933

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.