cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Wills. Should I, Will they, and Where to????

tag
whatever4ever
Established Member

Good Wills. Should I, Will they, and Where to????

Hey all.  Just dumped a massive amount into current debt, and paid off / settled some accounts.

Tried hunting for these 4 places separately, but have a few other questions.  This is what I'm wondering : 

CHASE. ($1,200,  written off 1+ yr ago.  Settled for $700 recently)  - Should I?  Would I GW the debt collector, or Chase itself?  Do they even consider it?

BEST BUY / CBNA ($500.  WO 1+ year ago.  PIF recently)  Should I?  Would I GW the debt collector, or Chase itself?  Do they even consider it?

PAYPAL ($450.  WO 1+ year ago.  PIF recently) Should I?  Would I GW the debt collector, or Chase itself?  Do they even consider it?

BARCLAY ($1,300.  WO 1+ year ago.  Settled $600)  Should I?  Would I GW the debt collector, or Chase itself?  Do they even consider it?

A bit confused as to who, how, if they'll accept (which I know is a crap shoot)

Should I just ride it out 6 years on these?

Cheers.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good Wills. Should I, Will they, and Where to????

I would begin a campaign of GW letters in a few months, its hard to get goodwill from OCs but its not unheard of, you are in it for the long haul and it can take years before you see results (my longest was 3 yrs @ 1 a month) The letters always goto the office of the CEO of the one that is reporting on your CR. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
whatever4ever
Established Member

Re: Good Wills. Should I, Will they, and Where to????

Hmm....Alright.

If it's hard to do from OC's, then I believe I will just wait....

5.5 years is not a long wait, and it will matter much less as these years pass, yes?

I will be living in China for the next year, so not much I can do to mail these things.

Not sure I'd even want to risk a re-up of the time line.  

In the end, it's only 4 accounts.  (3 actually, as one reports PAID)

Cheers.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.