cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good faith Ltr now or wait for agency dispute?

tag
pkosheta
Contributor

Good faith Ltr now or wait for agency dispute?

Hello all here is my morning of heart attacks and strokes...
Did a mini app spree and got approved 7k for a new citi card, just had to call very name bday etc nothing unusual.
Then did a US bank card and got a 7-10, no shock they are weird lenders,
Finally I go for a final card and get a cannot service bc of geographic region? I call and discover I entered I live in the Virgin Islands instead of Va, oops my bad. They said redo the app and it would be treated as a duplicate in the system so I did and I got dinged. Low score too many everything's...

Ok I have been trigger happy in the last few months...guilty but low score? Never seen anything below 700... So I pull equivalent and BAM
Collection reported for 40 bucks for a bill from 2 years ago that was on autopay has been added as of last month. Ugh. Apparently citi noticed and didn't care time will tell with US bank too.
But I instantly did a dispute via equinox and that will take a month,but here is the question...
Do I wait for a month and then send a nicely worded drop it and I'll pay it good faith letter or wait for equifax to contact them and verify and then send the letter? I'd pay ten times as much to get it removed bc while none of my other cards have seemed to care and squash my nice big limits, I don't want them to get any ideas. I have not once been late on a bill or credit card and my oldest card has perfect history since 1995... (I was 10 when I was added as an AU)
Btw wasn't FICO8 supposed to make less than 100 dollar nuisance collections obsolete?
Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Good faith Ltr now or wait for agency dispute?

What was the asserted inaccuracy that was the basis for your dispute? It is only the specific inaccurate reporting that will be resolved by any dispute, either by verification, correction, or if they cant do either, deletion of the inaccurate information. Stated differently, what is the dispute expected to resolve?

Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Good faith Ltr now or wait for agency dispute?

Was the debt paid through auto pay? Is it a valid debt?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.