Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news/bad news

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news/bad news

I just signed up for myfico. Previously I had Transunion vantage. Good news: scores are higher than I thought. Bad news: they are much lower for the mortgage scores which is our goal in a year. I also have more collections than I thought, groan. Question: how do I know what comes off when? Just look at the dates ? Transunion had something that said exactly when things would fall off. Another question: if I can't get PFD , should I pay collections?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Good news/bad news

@KS21 wrote:

I also have more collections than I thought, groan. Question: how do I know what comes off when? Just look at the dates ? Transunion had something that said exactly when things would fall off

This post goes over the specifics for these (see the first reply for details):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/date-of-last-activity-vs-date-of-first-delinqu...

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled up my credit report on the free annual report website. You can pull your report for free once per year. It won't show you your scores but it will show you what's on your report which is more important. It will also show you the month they will fall off of your report. You can also try Credit Karma but that won't show you when they will fall off. It will just show what you have on your report and it's been pretty accurate in that respect for me. But do not believe the scores they show you and do not app for cards based on their recommendations. Those recommendations a wrong most of the time. Hope this help, GL.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. One more question. I am disputing something online and equifax will let me do it and experian won't . Any idea why not ?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KS21 wrote:

I just signed up for myfico. Previously I had Transunion vantage. Good news: scores are higher than I thought. Bad news: they are much lower for the mortgage scores which is our goal in a year. I also have more collections than I thought, groan. Question: how do I know what comes off when? Just look at the dates ? Transunion had something that said exactly when things would fall off. Another question: if I can't get PFD , should I pay collections?

To see your DoFD/Estimated Falloff, get your full free reports from annualcreditreport.com

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.