Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good progress - 700 club on EQ

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Good progress - 700 club on EQ

I just pulled my EQ and finally hit the 700 mark (722).  I still have a little more time for the other two CRAs to catch up (maybe next month) due to a few items maturing.  It has been a very long time since I can remember being above that mark though on any bureau though.

I just wanted to encourage those just starting to have patience too.  I personally liken serious credit rebuilding to a crockpot, rather than a microwave.  I was in the high 500s when I started several years ago.  As you can see from my Sig, I didn't play shopping cart tricks or app sprees to achieve as many cards as I could.  Maybe doing so would have helped sooner, but I chose not to.  I started with the CAP1 just to establish a credit card since I didn't have any active.  Then the Walmart a month later for the free monthly score.  Then the Chase and Discover five or six months later for the cash rewards.  I don't have high CLs either and pay multiple times throughout the month when needed.  I don't mess with HPs for CLIs because it's not that important to me really.  I have had only a very few auto CLIs over the past year.  I will eventually obtain a few more specific rewards cards (maybe this summer) after I am in position to refinance my mortgage to a lower rate.  

The only comical thing on the report I see is that EQ dings me for a short credit history (oldest account 20 years, AAOA 8 years), but I take that with a grain of salt.  Good luck to everyone.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good progress - 700 club on EQ

enjoy :clapping:

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.