Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good will letter - Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good will letter - Question

I sent good will letters for 4 seperate accounts all had gone to collection companies 3 of which had gone to the same collection company - I received 4 letter stating that the would request the Credit Reporting Agencies to delete their information from my credit profile and I sent these letters to Tran, Equi & Ex I recieved a letter yesterday from Equifax stating that the 4 accounts would be removed from my credit file.  But I read further down the letter and it states that one of those same accounts (from the same collection agency) will remain for 7 years - I called them and his explination was that the collection agencies account would be removed for this one particular account but not the original company that sent it to collection, that I had to get a letter from the original company  for just this one or open up another investigation - I explained that all of them had the same senerio how would the 3 be taken off and the 4th have different standards... is this correct???? I mean now I have to track down the original company and do it all over again - I'm soooo fed up with this crap, it always seems like two steps forward, one step back  - they see you are being responsible and clearing up your credit and they still make it impossible, but someone with a 500 score and no money buys a 600K house, it's mind blowing....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Good will letter - Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent good will letters for 4 seperate accounts all had gone to collection companies 3 of which had gone to the same collection company - I received 4 letter stating that the would request the Credit Reporting Agencies to delete their information from my credit profile and I sent these letters to Tran, Equi & Ex I recieved a letter yesterday from Equifax stating that the 4 accounts would be removed from my credit file.  But I read further down the letter and it states that one of those same accounts (from the same collection agency) will remain for 7 years - I called them and his explination was that the collection agencies account would be removed for this one particular account but not the original company that sent it to collection, that I had to get a letter from the original company  for just this one or open up another investigation - I explained that all of them had the same senerio how would the 3 be taken off and the 4th have different standards... is this correct???? I mean now I have to track down the original company and do it all over again - I'm soooo fed up with this crap, it always seems like two steps forward, one step back  - they see you are being responsible and clearing up your credit and they still make it impossible, but someone with a 500 score and no money buys a 600K house, it's mind blowing....

No creditor can delete what collection reports as no collection company can remove what creditor reports. Same as no collection company can remove another collection company reporting the same information. It takes time and patience to deal with credit problems, but sometimes we need to take a deep breath and realize the creditor didn't put us in debt, we have done that to ourselves.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, unfortunately, this scenerio happens all the time. The creditor is a different listing, different entity. I had the collections account removed relating to an HSBC charge off, but I am fighting like mad with GW's to try to get the OC to remove the listing.

And for the record, as someone who has been working really hard to get his score up, there is no way you are getting a house w/  a 500 score. LOL

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott for your response - what I find interesting is that the original creditor was not one of the tradelines but the collections was, [Mod cut!] then when the collections tradeline was removed, the creditors appeared but this was not consistant even with the same company... which is what made no sense to me.  I've already sent the letters to the original creditors and hopefully they will agree to remove them as well.

I''ve also been working very, very hard to get my scores up and although I've done quite a bit, it sometimes can be very fustrating when you think your finally coasting and something else comes up.

FHA mortgage loan requirement guidelines for 2011 with a credit score of 580 is 3.5% down and 500-579 is 10% down

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up question: I mailed the original lender and they responded that it was sold in 2007 to the collection agency and that they no longer have any information on this account period - to recap, the collection agency sent me and the CB's a letter to delete the item line. I will forward this letter to the CB's, according to the CB's they were still showing the original lender which I needed to get a letter from to remove the line item. The original lender doesn't claim this information so if the original lender isn't claiming it and the collection agency requested deletion then will this information be deleted or will it remain on my report?  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.