Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoodWill letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GoodWill letter

Have a key derog from a verizon wireless cell phone charge off from a year ago which has been paid.  Looking for advice and/or Goodwill letter example.  I have had verizon FIOS for a year and a half now and not been late once if that would help me get the CO deleted. Anyone have any luck with CO with verizon.

Also would it be worth it to send another goodwill letter for a loan that was past due 90 days about 4 years ago? 

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GoodWill letter

My Verizon Landline is a CO too, no luck with my GW there yet.  However, been reading a lot lately about Verizon WL GW's with planetfeedback. If you use it, make sure you are just as formal as you would write a regular letter.  I did not know that and sent a 'note' and it has been ignored. 
Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

moemeadors wrote:
My Verizon Landline is a CO too, no luck with my GW there yet.  However, been reading a lot lately about Verizon WL GW's with planetfeedback. If you use it, make sure you are just as formal as you would write a regular letter.  I did not know that and sent a 'note' and it has been ignored. 

PFB is a good idea.

Message Edited by fused on 07-27-2009 05:10 PM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

where can i find sample good will letters that i could possibly send by making minor changes.

Also i disputed the verizon key dergo a while back trying to back door the system to get it removed and they verified it and closed my case but now on the comments section of the report for the last several months it keeps saying "acct in dispute- reported by subscriber" lets say that the GW didnt work would those comments affect it from coming off in 7-7.5 years?

Message Edited by jdp2134 on 07-29-2009 07:15 AM
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=6834

I think GW example letters are towards the bottom.

That dispute comment will likely stay there for a while. They did with my VZW CO. It will still fall off 7-7.5 yrs from DOFD or from when you first went late.

PFB was instumental in getting mine removed.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to PFB and really didnt get it lol.

Ok so now a new problem. I have credit monitoring from my bank and they use Expieran and im trying to find out the full acct # to reference and i cant find it at all. It has the rest of the numbers except for the final 4 or so. How can i go about obtaining the rest of the numbers

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jdp2134 wrote:

I went to PFB and really didnt get it lol.

Ok so now a new problem. I have credit monitoring from my bank and they use Expieran and im trying to find out the full acct # to reference and i cant find it at all. It has the rest of the numbers except for the final 4 or so. How can i go about obtaining the rest of the numbers

LOL! Neither did I the first few times. Now I haven't been on in several months, but when I last checked their site was poorly designed and it was hard to follow what was going on. Eventually I figured it out, though I probably couldn't duplicate my steps today if I tried.

Other than looking through your old docs, you could try pulling your CRs directly from the CRA (for free if you've been turned down for credit or AA'd recently or for free via annualcreditreport.com once a year). Third party reports like myFICO's, CCT's, TC's and others mask that info.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. On the PFB site would my Goodwill be considered a question or suggestion

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I can't remember, but seems like I was given 4 choices. I remember one was a complaint and a GW is not. It wasn't a suggestion. Maybe I had it under question. Can't remember the 4th.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.