Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Capital One

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Goodbye Capital One

I'm looking forward to my security deposit being returned... I'll turn it into a capitol payment on my car loan to get that thing paid off asap since I hate car payments.

Anyhow, I figured why have a credit card that requires a deposit and an anual fee? It served a purpose. I had it 6 months. Now I have DCU Visa, Paypal Extras MasterCard, American Express Blue Cash, AmEx Simply Cash Business, and some store cards. Goodbye Cap1. Can I get my annual fee back?  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Goodbye Capital One

Congratulations! Capital One isn't likely to grow with you anyway, so get that deposit back and put it to good use. Purpose served.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

I plan to do the same thing! It served its purpose. As soon as I get the approval notification for Apple Credit Union secured card( it graduates in a year). I am closing the secured account ASAP.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 3 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

That's an impressive record for 6 months. Congrats! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

congrats! were you in the credit steps program with them?

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.