Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill 2nd letter question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill 2nd letter question

i am getting ready to send a second round of goodwill leters for some late payments I want removed. Is allowing them 30 days to respond, than sending a second letter appropriate? And also, would it be wise to look for a second address to send it to? Or keep sending to same address? Do they always respond, these were sent via mail. The only two I have had luck with so far were collection companies that I had email addresses for.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill 2nd letter question

In my limited experience (someone else can certainly weigh in), I would wait about 30 days at least after the first round.  They will not always respond.  Then I would amp it up to every 15 days.

Yes I recommend seeing if there is an alternate address.  It might help to call them directly and ask what the best address is for this situation.  You could also go higher on the chain and ask for the executive office address (I'd probably go with that myself).

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill 2nd letter question

Well, got my 2nd return letter and they both stated they accurately reported to the bureaus and that that's all they could do. First one totally avoided the subject and said they were happy to report my account is current, and that was it.. Kind of disappointing after the collection companies worked so easily with me on my first two.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.