Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letter Help

tag
quicksilver185
Valued Member

Goodwill Letter Help

I recently mailed out 12 goodwill letters for multiple account and sent several emails to executive emails. As of today I have received a denial letter from everyone of the accounts I sent GW letters to. They all say pretty much the same thing along the line of the "information is being reported accurate we are not allowed to change accurate info" or "pleas clarify what is being disputed" even though it clearly stated in my GW I was not disputing an of the info. I need some suggestion about how I should proceed with my next round of GW letters and if I should wait before sending out another round. Also the majority of the accounts I am attempting to GW are late payments on closed credit cards which still have a balance, does this affect the chance of successful GW since I still owe on the account?

Starting Score: 409 2/1/2011
Current Score: Equifax 559 12/1/2011 TransUnion 569 12/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodwill Letter Help

From what I've read, (I've only had to send out 1 GW letter) GW letters often take lots of time and dilligence.  Keep sending emails to different people in the company- keep sending the same letter - eventually, if you're lucky- it will get into the right persons hands LOL

Message 2 of 4
Loques
Regular Contributor

I'm sure requesting a GW removal of any late payment on a closed account with a balance probably doesn't sit well with a creditor.  You could either try sending your GW letters to different addresses/emails or possibly the DV/PFD route (if you haven't already done that). That might be an option to try and remove the entire account from your CR.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 3 of 4
quicksilver185
Valued Member

Ya I guess im going to keep sending GW letters to different address's and Im saving some money to PFD on the accounts that have a lot of lates a few of them the lates are approaching the two year mark . Does anyone have any experience with PFD on closed credit card accounts with a balance?? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Starting Score: 409 2/1/2011
Current Score: Equifax 559 12/1/2011 TransUnion 569 12/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.